Advertiser: Eastside Lutheran College
Position available at Eastside Lutheran College
Applications are invited for a Deputy Principal (6 month contract) at Eastside Lutheran College, Hobart. The College is a dynamic and highly innovative, inclusive K ‑12 school with a collaborative and committed staff, striving to make a difference in the lives of the students of the College and in the wider community. Eastside Lutheran College is situated on the Eastern Shore of Hobart on 8 hectares of native bushland with uninterrupted views of Kunanyi, seven minutes from the city centre.
This position requires an experienced educator with a dynamic and innovative approach. It requires commitment to academic excellence and a dedication to building positive relationships with the whole college community. The successful candidate will bring creative energy and an enthusiastic approach to the College. The Deputy principal will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing systems and processes to continually improve staff wellbeing and performance through the coaching culture of the College. Experience in human resource management or a related discipline is preferred.
Salary and Conditions
The College offers a competitive salary and attractive conditions in accordance with the Eastside Lutheran College, Hobart 2020 EBA.
How to Apply
- A letter of application
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A document that addresses the Selection Criteria listed below
- Experience in effectively leading and managing staff
- Commitment to building and maintaining quality relationships with staff and students
- A commitment to support the Lutheran values of our College
- Experience in using effective skills in communication, administration and planning
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others to implement and manage change
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity while dealing with sensitive and confidential issues
- Experience in mediation and conflict resolution using restorative practice
Please address applications to the Acting Principal:
Ms Ruth Ferguson
IST is not an employing agency for its member schools, nor does it have any part in the selection and appointment of teachers to positions in Independent Schools. All appointments are handled entirely by the individual school. Schools should contact us to arrange for positions to be advertised on this site.
Posted on 07/11/2023