Head of Primary
Advertiser: Eastside Lutheran College
Position available at Eastside Lutheran College
Applications are invited for a Head of Primary at Eastside Lutheran College, Hobart. The College is a dynamic and highly innovative, inclusive K ‑12 school with a collaborative and committed staff, striving to make a difference in the lives of the students of the College and in the wider community. Eastside Lutheran College is situated on the Eastern Shore of Hobart on 8 hectares of native bushland with uninterrupted views of Kunanyi, seven minutes from the city centre.
The Head of Primary School will be an innovative and energetic educator who is passionate about primary schooling and can provide inspiring leadership to the Primary Years community. They will be responsible for the delivery of a well-structured Pastoral and Co-curricular program. Regular monitoring of student achievement and learning behaviour data will be used to inform intervention and school improvement strategies. They will be responsible for the day-day organisation and supervision of the Primary School. They will bring creative energy and an enthusiastic approach to the college. Commitment to academic excellence and a dedication to building positive relationships with the whole college community is essential.
Salary and Conditions
The College offers a competitive salary and attractive conditions in accordance with the Eastside Lutheran College, Hobart 2020 EBA.
How to Apply
- A letter of application
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A document that addresses the Selection Criteria listed below
- Experience in working collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- A commitment to support the Lutheran values of our College
- Effectively use data in inform appropriate interventions and programs
- A commitment to building and maintaining quality relationships with students to cultivate a positive culture
- Strong commitment to improving student wellbeing and engagement
- Experience ensuring the academic performance of students are catered for
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with students, staff and parents
Please address applications to the Acting Principal:
Ms Ruth Ferguson
IST is not an employing agency for its member schools, nor does it have any part in the selection and appointment of teachers to positions in Independent Schools. All appointments are handled entirely by the individual school. Schools should contact us to arrange for positions to be advertised on this site.
Posted on 07/11/2023