Effective Implementation of Respectful Relationships and Consent Education Program
The Professional Learning Institute are hosting two workshops on this important subject in late October.
The program is being delivered as a whole day face-to-face session run by Janice Atkin, in Hobart and Devonport
South – Professional Learning Institute, Glenorchy
9:00am — 3:00pm Tuesday 26 October 2021
North-West – paranaple convention centre, Devonport
9:00am — 3:00pm Thursday 28 October 2021
What does effective implementation of Respectful Relationships (RRE) and Consent Education look like in planning and practice?
Janice Atkin, who was the Principal Author of the DoE RRE Teaching and Learning Package and is currently leading the AC: H&PE Review, will facilitate this full day workshop.
The workshop will include sessions that cover the following:
- Understanding the evidence base that informs consent and respectful relationships education
- Embedding consent and respectful relationships education into your HPE program
- Exploring practical strategies for teaching consent and respectful relationships
- Managing sensitive conversations in your classes
- Exploring the role of language and media literacy in challenging attitudes that condone disrespect and violence.
The workshop is suitable for the following audience:
- Early Career Teacher
- Emerging School Leader
- Aspiring Principal
The workshop will cover the following standards:
- Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2 – Know content and how to teach it
- Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
To register or to learn more about this program visit the Professional Learning Institute website below