ACARA: A Deep Dive Into Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures (Years 7-10)
Area of focus
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Fri 25th Nov 2022
Who should attend
All educators, curriculum leaders and principals
Who is speaking
Teachers will be guided by ACARA’s Curriculum Specialist, Max Lenoy to explore changes to the organising ideas for the Cross-curriculum Priority: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures and how they are addressed across the learning areas, with a particular focus on the new Deep time history content in Year 7 History.
This session is for educators who would like to:
- understand the structure and content of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures Cross-curriculum Priority
- understand the connections between this cross-curriculum priority and the learning areas
- explore the Deep time history content of Year 7 History.
What you will learn
- 2.3 Curriculum, assessment and reporting
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
Terms and Conditions:
All participants are required to individually register to attend this session. If you do not register for the event you will not receive a certificate of attendance.
For any issues receiving your registration confirmation please check your spam/junk folder, for further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org