ACARA: Literacy and Numeracy (F-6) Learning Progressions
Area of focus
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm Mon 7th Nov 2022
Who should attend
All educators, curriculum leaders and principals
Who is speaking
Teachers will be guided by ACARA’s Curriculum Specialists Denise Roberts, Rachael Whitney-Smith and Danielle Cavanagh to explore the general capabilities of Literacy and Numeracy, examine the intent of the learning progressions and understand the granular detail they provide which can support literacy and numeracy development across the curriculum.
This session is for educators who would like to:
- understand the intent and structure of the Literacy and Numeracy Learning Progressions
- increase their understanding of how the learning progressions assist them to identify where their students are in their literacy and numeracy development
- consider how to support their students to progress with their literacy and numeracy development by increasing their understanding of the observable behaviours of each level of the sub-elements
- develop their understanding of how the levels of the progressions have been connected to content descriptions across the curriculum.
What you will learn
- 2.3 Curriculum, assessment and reporting
- 2.5 Literacy and numeracy strategies
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
Terms and Conditions:
All participants are required to individually register to attend this session. If you do not register for the event you will not receive a certificate of attendance.
For any issues receiving your registration confirmation please check your spam/junk folder, for further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org