Decodable Books: An Essential Ingredient of Systematic Synthetic Phonics Programs
Area of focus
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm Wed 19th Oct 2022
Who should attend
Who is speaking
According to recent research, it is now indisputable that phonic based readers are the most appropriate for beginning as well as older, struggling readers.
Using a good quality systematic synthetic phonics program in conjunction with decodables that are aligned to a chosen program, can significantly improve student outcomes for all students.
The Webinar will cover:
- The importance of using decodables in conjunction with SSP Programs.
- How decodables compare with predictable texts.
- How to use decodables in the classroom.
- The importance of educating parents before sending decodables home.
What you will learn
- 1.2 Understand How students learn
- 2.5 Literacy and Numeracy Strategies
- 3.7 Engage Parents/Carers in the Educative Process
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and Improve practice
Terms and Conditions:
All participants are required to individually register to attend this session. If you do not register for the event you will not receive a certificate of attendance.
For any issues receiving your registration confirmation please check your spam/junk folder, for further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org