Gifted Education Workshop
Area of focus
9:00 am - 3:00 pm Tue 20th Jun 2023
The Grange Estate, 4A Commonwealth Lane, Campbell Town
Who should attend
Gifted/Inclusive Education/Enrichment Coordinators, Teachers with an interest in gifted education
Who is speaking
Build cross-school connections, understanding and skills in supporting students who are gifted learners. An initial session to launch an IST Gifted Ed Network.
Dr Amanda Harper is a specialist educator passionate about supporting students who are gifted and building teacher capacity and confidence in helping them realise their potential.
What you will learn
- Focus area 1.1: Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students
- Focus area 1.5: Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
- Focus area 2.3: Curriculum, assessment and reporting
- Focus area 3.1: Establish challenging learning goals
- Focus area 3.3: Use teaching strategies
- Focus area 3.4: Select and use resources
- Focus area 3.6: Evaluate and improve teaching programs
- Focus area 4.1: Support student participation
- Focus area 7.4: Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities
Please bring either a learning plan you have for a gifted student or a piece of curriculum planning you would like to differentiate with a gifted student in mind.
Terms and Conditions:
All participants are required to individually register to attend this session. If you do not register for the event you will not receive a certificate of attendance.
For any issues receiving your registration confirmation please check your spam/junk folder, for further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org