Reimagining the Literacy Block with Jocelyn Seamer (North)
Area of focus
8:30 am - 3:30 pm Thu 28th Oct 2021
The Tailrace Centre, Launceston
Who should attend
Principals, Teachers K-6 and Teachers wishing to extend their practice in Literacy
Who is speaking
This session, run by Jocelyn Seamer, will examine all aspects of the Literacy Block and provide teachers with evidence-based, best practice to take into classrooms to improve outcomes for all students in reading, writing, spelling, speaking and listening.
Breaking down how to teach each component of the Literacy block for maximum impact including foundations of reading, spelling, daily writing block
What you will learn
- 1.2 Understand how students learn. Structure teaching programs using research and collegial advice about how students learn.
- 1.5 Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
- 2.1 Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area. Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
- 2.2 Organise content into an effective learning and teaching sequence
- 2.5 Literacy and numeracy strategies. Apply knowledge and understanding of effective teaching strategies to support students’ literacy and numeracy achievement.
- 4.1 Support student participation
- 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
Note: Please check your spam/junk folder for your confirmation email upon registration. For any issues receiving your registration confirmation please email email@example.com