Whole class regulation and engagement strategies - Brain Breaks, embedding movement in learning, Calm Corner ideas (North)
Area of focus
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Wed 27th Jul 2022
Launceston Conference Centre, 50 Glen Dhu Street South Launceston Tasmania 7249
Who should attend
Classroom teachers, inclusion and support coordinators, teacher/education assistants
Who is speaking
Exploring strategies to support a calm classroom learning environment.
This session will focus on strategies that can be incorporated into whole class timetables to support the regulation, engagement and learning of all students. In particular, we will be focussing on brain breaks, ways to embed movement in learning and calm corner ideas.
What you will learn
- 1.1: Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students.
- 1.5: Differentiate teaching to meet the specific needs of students across the full range of abilities.
- 1.6: Strategies to support full participation of students with disabilities.
- 3.3: Use teaching strategies.
- 4.3: Manage challenging behaviour.
- 6.2: Engage in professional learning and improve practice.
Terms and Conditions:
All participants are required to individually register to attend this session. If you do not register for the event you will not receive a certificate of attendance.
For any issues receiving your registration confirmation please check your spam/junk folder, for further assistance please email email@example.com